Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st customer



I had the honor of making a cake for a very special girl's 4th birthday. It was the first cake I did for someone outside of the family (although they are practically family). The cake was strawberry and chocolate with butter cream icing. The icing was appropriately dyed pink and was decorated with dots, pink and silver sprinkles, and a tiara, of course. I know I have a ways to go to get to that professional level, but for someone who is thus far self taught I thought it turned out pretty good. It was definitely tasty! I cannot thank Beau and Angie enough for this experience. I am truly loving everything about this process. I'm finding myself somewhat obsessed with coming up with new ideas and excuses to practice them. In fact, I already have my next ideas. I'm going to practice on my mom's bunco group next, and then something special for my sister's 40th birthday. I can hardly wait!
Oh yes, I almost forgot. Not only has Angie been so supportive of my hopes to turn this into a business, but she actually came up with a potential name for my business, Bourne to Bake! I'd love to hear what you think about it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I completely overlooked the comment section! Jennifer we were so happy with our cake and cupcakes, you did an amazing job, ESPECIALLY given the time frame - Lucie loved her princess cake and we can't wait for your next sweet masterpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete